The UNDP/GEF Small Grants Programme in Ukraine is actively working on social inclusion - empowerment of women, youth and people with disabilities, which is taken into account and reflected in the SGP initiatives.
Learn more about SGP's work on social inclusion in the following publications, developed by the global office:
1. "Women as Environmental Stewards: The Experience of the Small Grants Programme" - in this publication the SGP features women as environmental stewards in case studies about biodiversity conservation, climate change, land degradation, international waters and chemicals and waste management. These examples show action from the ground up and demonstrate the importance of investing in women’s leadership and technical skills for improved environmental benefits and sustainable development, while challenging traditional gender norms.
You can view and download the publication at the link https://sgp.undp.org//innovation-library/item/download/1747_143e05c93a7f...
2. "Mainstreaming Gender, Children & Youth, and Disability into SGPs Community-Based Adaptation Projects" - this publication explains in a simple and accessible way how diverse groups of people can be integrated into adaptation projects.
You can view and download the publication at the link https://sgp.undp.org//innovation-library/item/download/677_5f396f24abcce...
3. "Gender, Climate Change, and Community Based Adaptation: A Guidebook For Designing And Implementing Gender-Sensitive Community-Based Adaptation Programmes And Projects" - this guidebook presents experiences and examples taken from the SGP projects, that are being piloted throughout the world. The Guidebook will be useful for any community-based practitioners who wish to review successful cases of gender mainstreaming in community-based adaptation projects.
You can view and download the publication at the link https://sgp.undp.org//innovation-library/item/download/678_01fc153f45957...
4. "Social inclusion in Ukraine - problems and prospects" - this presentation covers an overview of the state of social inclusion in Ukraine, its problems and development prospects.
You can view and download the presentation at the link http://sgpinfo.org.ua/en/publication/social-inclusion-ukraine-problems-and-prospects
5. "Social Inclusion: support to indigenous peoples" - this presentation informs about the social inclusion of indigenous peoples in the SGP initiatives.
You can view and download the presentation at the link http://sgpinfo.org.ua/en/publication/social-inclusion-support-indigenous-peoples